Thursday, July 14, 2011

Off to a Running Start
Week One






Welcome to Our Blog

Check us out each week to find out what the amazing campers from Summer Dreamers Academy have to say about their experiences making art and exploring history at the Frick Art & Historical Center.

Campers explored line, shape, color & texture transferring designs onto plexiglass for a stained glass effect. The results were fantastic. The students are enjoying the results of their work and getting to know each other. Can't wait for Week Two!

Ethan: I liked doing the stained glass because of it being colorful. This was a fun process. I liked painting the colors.


Autumn liked her outdoor project on Wednesday even more than the stained glass. "I liked putting the flowers together and making nature look good."





Curtis: I started with simple shapes and the picture started to show up. Then all I needed to do was complete it. I like to draw. I keep drawing materials in my pack so I can draw anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment