Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chemistry of Color!

Week Two
Thousands of years ago people made paint by mixing egg and water with natural materials such as clay and charcoal. Today we did the same. Check out the process below.












Some thoughts on this type of paint:

This paint is very rocky--Anthony
I feel sorry for the people that had to use this paint long ago--Mya
This is an interesting project because I have never done this before and it is also interesting because this is how people did this long ago--Cheyenne
I think that they liked this paint because it was all they knew. If you have never tasted chocolate, you don't miss it--Allie (I am Allie with an ie...I am not a street)
It stinks, like eggs I think--Jaread
This paint feels like maple syrup--Ethan

The results are amazing.



























Take a look at some other projects we have been working on this week.












Alien life forms?









Printed banners.




Our artSLAM wall is a place to express ourselves. You can see it is quickly filling up with comments.











No comments:

Post a Comment